Friday, May 8, 2015

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week Mrs. Neuman

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog!
The past few months have been super busy and little time for blogging. Today, as promised, I am showing you the week of surprises for my son's teacher. Teachers work so hard to help our children "grow" and while I know I could never tell her enough how thankful I am for her, I hope she enjoyed the little gifts throughout the week.
 
For Monday we started small. I found a printable on Pinterest and LOVED it!! Who doesn't love EOS balm? You can find the printable here>> I should be mopping the floor blog by Kristi

For Tuesday's surprise, Colton wanted to make her a couple cards and wanted me to make her a yellow daisy. He worked really hard. It was hard for me to step back and let him put the crooked cut pieces on the card base crooked, but I know his teacher will love that HE did it himself.




 
I decided I wanted to make Mrs. Neuman her own set of note cards and envelopes. My goal this week was to make "useful" things instead of the same ole cups and shirts and apples. I searched Pinterest for a box type thing for some note cards and found Amy's blog stamp-n-paradise. She has a wonderful tutorial and with a few changes .. voila... I LOVE it!!

Colton INSISTED we get Mrs. Neuman her FAVORITE candy.. GOBSTOPPERS!! (you have to love the minds of lill boys) So.. I thought about it and went back to something I STRONGLY believe it.. PRESENTATION. I believe you can make the simplest of gifts stand out simply by the presentation. Whether it be a gorgeous bag or beautiful wrapping. I remembered I downloaded a book file from Silhouette called "  love stories 3d book gift card box" by Snapdragon Snippets. You can find the tutorial >> HERE . ( you DO have to have the file from Silhouette to go with this tutorial.)
Of course I wrapped the candy in some tissue paper and twine. Not only does she have some yummy candy, but a pretty box to store things.
We live in KY and the weather forecasted for the week is nothing short of HOT. We have been working outside quite a bit and Colton thought about getting her flowers. Well, he rides the bus so I suggested an alternative... how about a cute watering can with gloves, seeds, and a trowel and she can plant her own flowers with her children and watch them grow.  He LOVED it!!  So, we went shopping and this is what we did. I used my Silhouette and some vinyl to put the phrase on the back.
(oops.. sorry about the tape)

"Teachers plant the seeds of knowledge that grow forever"
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoyed our lil surprises for Mrs. Neuman and could maybe use these wonderful links for your next project. Don't forget to THANK A TEACHER!! They are like 2nd mommies and daddies to our kiddos.
 
Big hugs...
Tanya & Colton


 
 

1 comment:

Georgiana said...

All these teacher gifts are fabulous! I know I would like them all!